The Courage & Renewal Northeast team are developers of
Leading Together: Strengthening Adult Community in Schools, the Center for Courage & Renewal’s training and coaching-based professional development model focused on enhancing and supporting the adult community in schools. The program’s aims are to improve professional capacity, relational trust, collaboration, quality of instruction, and ultimately student outcomes.
Working in partnership with the Massachusetts School Administrators’ Association and with the support of the Angell Foundation, Courage & Renewal Northeast developed The Soul of Leadership in 2018 as a role-alike experience for principals.
Options for Implementation
Soul of Leadership
- Open Enrollment: Currently offered as a role-alike experience for principals, Soul of Leadership brings together a cohort of principals from elementary, middle, and high schools across the state in a combination of four single-day retreat sessions spread throughout the year (August to May) combined with virtual small group video-conference sessions in between days. We have run two cohorts to date and hope to expand the number in the future, as well as offer an Assistant Principal cohort.
- District-based: For larger districts, we provide district-based experiences for a group of building leaders.
Leading Together: Building Adult Communities in Schools
- School Teams–Open Enrollment: An individual school can send a team (principal and three staff members) to an introductory Leading Together session with teams from other districts. This model includes two full-day sessions (typically August and October) and one day of on-site consultation with one of our facilitators. Additional consultation days can be incorporated if desired.
- School-Based Teams: We do in-district work with school-based teams that typically include a half- or full-day introduction and several two-hour sessions over the course of the year.
- District Administrative Teams: We do in-district work with district leadership teams that can be full or half-day sessions.
- Customized Work & Consultation: We can modify or adapt Leading Together to fit your school or district’s needs.